Monday, May 21, 2012

Mi casa nueva

Hey everyone,I am in the beautiful city of Oviedo. The town is so pretty. It is probably the cleanest town I've seen in Spain and I can't explain to you how nice everyone is here. So story of last night, my first night in Madrid. So we drove 5 to 6 hours from Madrid to Spain. The bus ride was amazing. Listening to music and looking out the window was awesome. Oviedo has by far the prettiest mountains I have ever seen. It is sooo green. When we got to Oviedo and I stepped off the bus, I instantly became very nervous of what was coming. My new family. I was sooo nervous walking to the school because I had no idea what to expect. I even thought of going to get a tattoo so I would take my mind off the worry of my new family. But we still have a lot of time in Spain...so we'll see haha. I bet my mom is so happy reading that. So anyways we walk into the school and you can feel the nervousness from everyone in that room. One by one everyone was leaving with their new families. I, of course with my luck, was the last one to be picked up. With every person that walked in I thought, is that my family in Spain? So finally this lady walks in and she looks very nice. Is this my mother in Spain? And no, no it wasn't. It was my new sister in Spain. My mother was in Madrid and was coming later that day. So we walked and I find out that my new sister, whose name is barbara, spoke a little English, but not much. She was super nice though and we talked a lot about Adele and Amy winehouse. And she loves rock music. The music in Spain is mostly American music, it's a little odd but kind of cool. Anyways we have dinner, which was rice with tomato sauce, with a fried egg on top and bread. The strawberries for dessert. It was pretty good. and I instantly started studying Spanish. Barbara needed to go home so I was left home alone for about an hour. Then juego, my new brother who also lives in an apartment with my sister up a few floors, came in. He is nearly fluent in English, and seemed really nice. Then he too leaves and I'm alone for one more hour when my mother and sister walk in. She is such a nice lady, but at first I feel like she thinks I'm stupid lol. Anyways after a while we go to bed. I set my alarm but it didn't go off which worried me but my mother woke me up. We eat breakfast it's bread coffee and cereal. Then she takes me to school and I tried my best to look at street signs so I could find my way back. School was great my first teacher was really nice and helpful and I think I could learn a lot from her. After I come home and eat lunch. Lunch is pretty big here so I made sure to come. Finding my way home I thought would be hard but I did it. For lunch I had this meat, I think was pork, potatoes and green soup lol. And of course bread. Then we had yogurt for dessert. After I gave her the salt water taffy and she was very excited. Then we talked for a while and I told her that I have been studying Spanish for two semesters and she said I was very intelligent and was learning quickly. This made me happy. They have a dog here named Tina and I love her already she is sooo cute. Well I need to get going. For those of you who already read this im vey sorry. Im adding a little more. So after i wrote what you see above, I went to meet my friends Douk, Becca and Liv. They are for sure my best friends here. We had so many adventures together. First of all, who knew that finding cheap evryday products would be so hard! We ended up going to three stores Just to find these at a decent price. It was a lot harder than you'd imagine. And watch out, because if you leave the store empty handed they will assume you are stealing, especially if your blonde or speak English lol. First, we went and found eachothers houses and mapped out where to meet so we could walk to school together. Which gave us the chance to see the city and really find ourselves if that makes any sense. Walking around the city you find many strange things, for instane we found this huge statue that looks like a butt. We call it the butt ststue. We decided to take pictures with the statue when all of the sudden we see this man who is walking away from us but has his head turned and we all have no idea what was going on. He looked at us for what felt like ages and he wouldnt stop. Talk about a creepo'! Then we went to the mall......holy wow!!!!! The mall is huge and doesn't look like it belongs in Oviedo because it looks so modern. And it is so big! The biggest mall i have ever been too, and were going back tomorrow which will be loads of fun but i hope i wont spend a lot of money. After we had to say our goodbyes and go back home. When i got home my mom had dinner ready. Tortillas and salad with fruit. I know what your thinking....tortillas in Spain??? What????? These arent the same thing. No. No they are not. They are like potatos and bread like things but they are very, very good. Probably the best thing ive eaten in spain somgar. Anyways i have to go get some shut eye, hasta luego, Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment