Friday, May 25, 2012

School, life, and Spain.

Hola!Being in Spain everyday feels so unreal. Each day i wake up and am in aw at what I see. Let me tell you my typical day in Spain. Wake up at 8:00am and get in the shower and get ready for my day. Then my host mom, named Clara which I just barley learned her name, has breakfast ready for me. Usually the same thing, bread and cereal, with coffee or what not. Then I say chao to my host mom as she tells me to have a good day and then I'm off. Off down the road of this new city, everyday an adventure. As I'm walking down the street I see many things. I walk by a lot of stores and shops of every kind. Full of shoes, flowers, meat, clothes, bags, toys, and yes even comics. I also walk by this little house cottage thing which was built during the 1100s. How crazy is it that I walk by such a historic building and live in such a historic country that I've only read about in books. It's still mind bottling to me. Anyways I cross a couple streets and meet Liv, Becca, Douk, and Elli every morning before class. We have a couple chats about the previous night and then go to class. Liv, Elli, Becca and I are all in the same class. First up class with María. Yes María like west side story. And yes, like I she loves that movie! I asked....anywho, my class is so fun! She keeps things interesting because of many different reasons. Firstly she teaches with her hands, face, body language and voice. Second she brings students lives into her lessons, like how many siblings or things like that. Third she speaks a little English and when she does she has a British accent!!!!! Sooooo awesome! It's so funny that if you'd like I'll tell you how she sounds when I get back in the states. After she leaves we have our conversation class with coacha...at least I think that's her name lol. She basically talks about whatever I decided. Kind of throws me off sometimes but I like her a lot! It's hard to learn Spanish from someone who only speaks Spanish but I can feel my Spanish get a lot better. Then after school we have a HUGE lunch. This is at about 2pm. Lunch changes from day to day but nonetheless very big. Today was the first lunch that worried me. It was a normal salad with raw fish on it. Like totally raw. I ate it though and it was really really good! Anywho after lunch I usually go explore the city with my friends. We sometimes just walk around and explore or go shopping or anything really. A couple day ago we went on a tour with everyone from the program. It was awesome! We went into a cathedral which was beyond beautiful. It was amazing to see all of the history behind everything. After we walked around the city more and went to a very old university in Oviedo. Soooo awesome. Looked like it was from Harry potter, no joke. After all the excitement of the day you have dinner, at this time it's about 9 or 10 at night. We eat, usually something small, but I'm ok with it because lunch is so big. After dinner I usually do my homework or go out again. Last night was an interesting one. We had a party called " Una espicha". This party is special for many reasons. Their is tons of music played with a special flute like instrument that has a bag, and drums. Then their is a ton of socializing and food. And no sitting. Sitting is rude at an espicha. The food, for the most part was good. Tons of Spanish Tortillas, fish, bread cheese, calamari, and much much more. Then their was some awesome dessert that was like a crepe without filling but better. Wait...were missing a super important part of an espicha. Sidra. Sudra is an alcoholic beverage that taste like cider. It is kept in these huge barrel and when they pour it, they hold the cup far away from the barrel and it kind of fountains in. You have to drink sidra as soon as you get it because it's best that way and gets nasty if you let it sit there. This was all quite the experience and a lot of people had way too much fun with the sidra. Sidra is very strong so they said not to mix it with the wine. Some people don't listen so things got a little crazy. People were singing and dancing and overall was a very good atmosphere. But after the party I went straight home and went to bed because I had class the next day. Overall Spain is a very fun place, and is oh so beautiful. I am blessed to be here and want to tale advantage of every opportunity. I just wanna let my family and friends know that I miss them and love them, and wish they were here to experience this with me. It's dinner time now, so I better go! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment